List of things checked:
- All VDD pins are 3.3V
- All ground pins are grounded
- There are no shorts to ground
- Ripple in VDD is minimal
- BOOT0 is grounded
- NSRT is connect to VDD
- STLinkV2 is connected using SWD
- All PCB traces are continuous
- Power for STM32 is 3.63 mW (1.1 mA at 3.3V). Seems reasonable.
- STM32 is in the correct orientation
- STLinkV2 works on other STM32
- All STM32 pins were checked
- Supplier didn't give a faulty STM32 as I un-soldered it and replaced it with a new one
I am thinking about designing version 2.0 of Project Popsicle Stick. However, I have trouble deciding how to pick a new ICE40 chip. The ICE40LP is pretty cost effective for the amount of LUTs. The downside is that I need a 4 layer board. That adds complexity and cost. iCE40-HX4K-TQ144 doesn't require a 4 layer board. The downside is that I need a bigger board and iCE40-HX4K-TQ144 has less LUTs. Anyone have advice?
I also created a poll if anyone want to help me decide.